The petition, presented by the former presidential adviser, Reno Omokri, against the President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, was deleted.
Naija news had previously reported that no fewer than seventy-seven thousand Nigerians signed the petition that seeks to try and detain Buhari for killing peaceful protesters at the Lekki toll booth in October last year.
The petition launched on Wednesday was addressed to the International Criminal Court.
Omokri said in a statement posted on his Twitter account on Saturday that the petition had been removed by “hacktivists”.
He said, âDear Nigerians, after the Buhari government reached 100,000 signatures, they mobilized hacktivists to break into our petition and delete it. They think they have won, but they haven’t. “
“Their actions only show their guilt and we will move on to # BuhariForPrison2023 to ensure that Buhari retires to jail for the #LekkiMassacre of innocent, peaceful, unarmed # EndSARS protesters in 2023.”
âFortunately, local and international media distributed the petition before it was hacked. Aluta continua until Buhari is in prison, so help me, God! “